Picnic like a pro with our tips on the best places and best food to take with you, or upgrade and hire someone to make your experience truly memorable!
Where to Picnic
- The Lawn in front of�Reynolda House�- with a spacious lawn and easy parking, this is as easy as it gets (on the weekends, park in Reynolda Village and walk up the road)
- Old Salem�Square�- stake out a spot in quaint Salem Square, then stroll the streets
- Quarry Park�- picnic in the meadow after taking in the beautiful Winston skyline from the overlook
- Bailey Park – for an urban feel, spread out on the grass at Bailey Park (and get some Lill Dipper ice cream after!)
- Tanglewood Park�- there are so many choices for the perfect spot, but we like the picnic tables near Mallard Lake for shade or any of the grassy knolls for sun�
- West Salem Public House�- for the beer aficionado, go to the Pub, where picnics are encouraged
- A Local Vineyard�-�Raffaldini,�Medaloni, and�Divine Llama�all allow outside picnics (but not outside alcohol)
What to Eat
Pack a cooler with homemade goodies, or go the easy route and pick up prepared food!
- Buie�s Market�- head to their charcuterie section and grab some cheese, cured meat, and crackers, then throw in some fruit + veggies to round out the meal – don�t forget beer or wine!
- The Carving Board�– you can�t go wrong with any order from the Carving Board! Best bet: order sandwiches and a few side salads to share
- The Board Babe�- get a prepared to-go charcuterie picnic box for an easy all-in-one option
- Bobby Boy Bakery – while they are best known for their desserts, they also offer amazing lunchtime specials
Upgrade the Experience
There are a couple of new local enterprises that will set up and cater your picnic for you! If you�re looking for a one-of-a-kind experience, try one of these companies that will make it easy to picnic like a pro:
- Keeley Nicole Events – With the dreamiest set-ups (see the picture above!), this would be perfect for a date night!
- Lavander Picnic – They offer 3 packages with specific menus for up to 4 guests – how fun for an intimate birthday!