Welcome to Winston-Salem! If you're in town for the Winston-Salem Open, here's a guide to our favorite places in The Dash to make your stay even better.
Food + Drink
If you're looking for something close to the stadium, try:
- Putter's - surprisingly great pub food right across the street
- Campus Gas - excellent hot dogs, hamburgers, and beer near WFU
- Dough Joe's - delicious doughnuts, sweet treats, and coffee in Reynolda Village
- May Way Dumplings - our favorite dumplings and noodles, and perfect if you want a quick take-away option in Reynolda Village
- Village Tavern (in Reynolda Village) - an upscale pub feel with a huge menu that offers something for everyone
- The Porch - the perfect spot for margaritas, we also love their tex-mex-inspired bowls and salads
- Dioli's Italian Market - a wonderful sandwich selection at lunch
- Fratelli's - a large menu with good steak options and pasta selections
- Buie's Market - a neighborhood staple, go here for snacks, popsicles, coffee in the morning, and a glass of wine or beer in the evening
- Diamondback Grill - another classic neighborhood restaurant with a varying menu of everything from small plates to a great burger
If you want to explore Winston's booming downtown, try:
Also, check out our curated lists for more ideas:
Home Decor & Gifts
Explore Old Salem
Old Salem is one of Winston's many treasures. Founded by the Moravians, this section of town is like a step back in history. Take a walk through the cobblestoned streets of Old Salem, and make sure to cross the famous bridge that starts at the Old Salem Visitor Center. For an authentic (and tasty!) experience, hit Winkler Bakery for Moravian baked goods.
Enjoy a Movie at a/perture
Winston-Salem has a thriving arts scene, and one of the cultural cornerstones is a/perture. a/perture is a small art house cinema located downtown on 4th Street, and they offer a carefully curated selection of movies. Showtimes are easy to sync with dinner out, too!
Play Trivia or Music Bingo at a Brewery
If you want to have a fun night out, check out this list of what is happening daily at the local breweries (and other spots). There's usually a trivia night or live music happening somewhere!
Take a Walk through Reynolda
One of the prettiest spots in Winston-Salem is Reynolda Gardens. We recommend parking at Reynolda Village so that you can check out the shops before or after your walk through the gardens. If you're short on time, take a quick stroll through the gardens to feel refreshed. But if you have a while, take the path that circumnavigates Reynolda House and its meadow, and walk across the street to Graylyn for an extended trek with similarly beautiful grounds.
Follow us on Instagram for more ideas!