- WSSU Homecoming: October 17-23, 2021
- WFU Homecoming: October 30, 2021
- Salem College Reunion Weekend: April 22-23, 2022
Homecoming weekend will soon be here! Whether you live in Winston-Salem, you frequent Winston-Salem, or it’s been years since you’ve been back, we’ve got a handful of recommendations so you can get a taste of all that’s old AND new, and of all that’s great in Winston. As they say, welcome back!
Some may call these “staples” of Winston-Salem – returners have been visiting these places for years!
New (ish) Around Here
- Southside: Southside Beer Garden (we also recommend popping into Acadia Foods!)
- West Salem: West Salem Public House is a must-stop – visit in the morning for coffee from SaySo coffee, and in the evening for beer or wine from West Salem Public House. Right by Carolina University, too – a plus!
- Hanes Mall Area: This part of Winston-Salem is growing quickly! In one corner, find Duck Donuts, Taco Mama, Viva Chicken, and Rockbox fitness center.
- Thruway: new boutique Hive WS recently opened – browse what’s new and then head to ever-favorite spots like Great Outdoor Provision Co. or Southern Home & Kitchen.
- Downtown: visit northern downtown and check out Earl’s and BATL Axe Throwing for a fun group activity.
Can’t Go Wrong
Who can beat the skyline views from Bailey Park? This area always has something new to show. We recommend hitting it at dusk – and while you’re at it, also check out the Top of Fourth rooftop bar, the Coal Pit area in Innovation Quarter, or ever-buzzing Fourth and Trade Streets.
Need a great reunion dinner spot? Look no further than Spring House, Quanto Basta, Mozelle’s, Milner’s, or Willow’s Bistro for a classy night on the town.
And – nothing beats exploring Winston-Salem on foot with your buddies – trek the Downtown Strollway, Reynolda Gardens and Graylyn, Quarry Park, or Salem Lake Trail for some fresh air and nostalgia during your visit.
Enjoy your homecoming weekend, we hope your reunion with friends and classmates is fantastic!