Here’s our round-up of our favorite places to hit for lunch in Winston-Salem! Whether you want something to take back to work or you’re looking for a quick-serve restaurant, we’ve got you covered.
Grab & Go
- The Carving Board – We’ve said it before, but it’s worth repeating: the Carving Board has the best sandwiches in town! They also have a great selection of pre-made salads and sides perfect for a full lunch.
- Yamas Mediterranean Street Food – The sauces, dips, and toppings make the bowls at Yamas stand out; try building your own bowl to get the ones you prefer.
- Dioli’s – We love the Italian flair of Dioli’s menu and can’t get enough of their meatball sandwich. Anything on focaccia is delicious, too!
- Chopt – We love their salads for the variety and the way everything is mixed together. Order ahead on their app to rack up points and skip the line.
- Bobby Boy Bakery – While the focus at Bobby Boy is mostly on desserts, their quiche and lunch specials are truly outstanding.
- Village Juice Co. – For a healthy lunch, try a smoothie bowl or one of the salad or grain bowls with a cold pressed juice to wash it down! Good vegan and vegetarian options.
- Forsyth Seafood – Quick, Southern, and yummy, Forsyth Seafood is the perfect choice if you are craving collards, popcorn shrimp, and banana pudding.
Quick Sit Down
- The Porch – We are huge fans of the Porch, and love the prompt service and variety for lunch. Some favorites of ours include the Naked Burrito Bowl, Chopped Salad, and Fajita Fabulosa Salad.
- West End Cafe – Everything they make at West End Cafe is delicious, but our go-to orders are the grinders with a side of fries.
- Senior Bravo – This Mexican staple downtown serves excellent fish tacos.
- Cuigino Forno – Though pizza is often reserved for dinner, the pizza served at Cuigino Forno is light enough to be suitable for lunch. We also love their Lecce Salad.
- The Olive Tree – Not only do they have a fabulous gyro, but the Olive Tree also offers a wide variety of food from burritos to burgers.
- Real Q – This might cause a fight, but it’s true: our favorite BBQ in town is at the Real Q off Country Club Road.