The Camel City has such charm, and it makes for a great date night (or day!) location. Whether you and your significant other are in the mood for a more traditional dinner and a movie, have a hankering for a “treat yourself” kind of meal, are searching for a spot to enjoy one another’s company over a delicious cocktail, or are looking to let loose and play a bit, you’ll be able to find something in this list of suggestions. Enjoy one of our perfect Winston-Salem date night ideas!
Food + Drink
These restaurants and bars are consistently excellent and have the right vibe for a date. Feel free to mix & match to create your perfect evening in Winston!
- For a classic, chic evening, have dinner at Mozelle’s followed by a drink around the corner at Joyner’s Bar
- For a more casual date, order pizza at Cugino Forno and grab a beer at Incendiary Brewing Company – stay for a while to maximize your people watching (this also works for a day date!)
- To impress your foodie date, order a cocktail and oysters at The Katharine, move on to Mission Pizza for dinner, and end with a nightcap at Fair Witness Fancy Drinks
- For a progressive dinner with romantic vibes, start with appetizers & a cocktail at Spring House Restaurant in their Library Bar, move on to Meridian for the main course, and top off your evening at 6th & Vine for drinks & dessert
- To learn while you eat and drink, do a wine tasting at the Tasting Room, sign up for a pairing class at Black Mountain Chocolate, or try a wine dinner offered by The Caviste
- For vegan yumminess that carnivores will also love, go to Dom’s for their plant-based offerings and beautiful ambience (& get there early for a drink at their bar!)
- For an off-the-beaten-path evening, make a reservation at Kitchen Roselli; we promise that it’s worth the drive (just make sure to reserve a cream puff as soon as you get there)
If you want to do more than just eat together, try one of these activities guaranteed to create a bonding experience!
- Take a Friday night “Taste of Art” workshop together at Sawtooth, offered several times a month
- Walk through Reynolda Gardens, especially at the beginning or end of the day when it’s least crowded
- Learn a new skill together by taking a cooking class at Southern Home & Kitchen
- Watch the sun set at Quarry Park
- Challenge each other to some epic arcade battles at Reboot Arcade Bar
- Rent bikes at Salem Lake or the Long Branch Trail for a fun afternoon exploring together
- Take on a trivia or bingo night at one of the local breweries (see our list here)
Here are our favorite food + drink + activity combinations for the perfect date night in Winston-Salem!
- Dinner + a Movie: Go classic and make it a dinner and a movie date night at a/perture and Mellow Mushroom
- Explore Old Salem: Grab dinner at Willow’s Bistro and then leisurely stroll through Old Salem (or reverse it and start with your walk and end at Willow’s!)
- Casual Afternoon: Start with lunch or coffee at Camino and then walk to Bookmarks to browse books together
- Art Focus: Have dinner at Mojito, look for murals along Trade Street, pop into Delurk and other galleries, and stop at Alex’s Cheesecakes for dessert
- Explore Industry Hill: Kick off your evening at Radar Brewing or Wise Man, have dinner at Earl’s, and throw some axes at Batl Axe Throwing
- On a budget: Tour SECCA (admission is always free), order take out from May Way Dumplings in Reynolda Village, and find a spot to enjoy your meal outside
- Morning in Innovation Quarter: Start off a day date with biscuits and coffee at Krankies, walk the nearby Long Branch Trail, stop to people watch in Bailey Park, and pick up some sweets from Black Mountain Chocolate for later (or indulge now!)