A historic landmark and former Shell filling station. This bright yellow, shell-shaped gas station was constructed by Quality Oil company, a Winston-based marketer of Shell Oil, in 1930.
The Shell Service Station
Why We Love It
We love that this landmark, which served as a gas station for decades, was restored in the 1990s by state historic society, Preservation North Carolina. Now it serves as a great photo-op for visitors and locals alike!